Being proactive with your oral health is the best strategy. And attending to your teeth or taking care of your dental health on a daily basis is the best way to avoid all kinds of dental problems. There are many steps you can take to avoid gum problems, tooth decay and to maintain strong and white teeth but it is quite unlikely that you would do ten different things.
Hence, here are four effective ways to care for your teeth on a daily basis.
- Brush and floss daily, twice. This is something that almost every adult and possibly every kid knows. Dentists keep talking about it all the time, parents keep harping on it and some kids do take it seriously. There shouldn’t be even one day when you don’t brush and floss your teeth. There can be a day or two when you don’t do it twice but you should never go more than twenty four hours without brushing and flossing. An even more effective way to brush and floss is to use a sonic toothbrush. Today, sonic toothbrushes have made it possible to counter the onset of plaque. There are some sonic toothbrushes that also use water floss. Using sonic pulses, they don’t just clean the teeth and gums but prevent any bacterial build up and using water they floss even the hardest to reach areas.
- You should avoid eating and drinking anything that is bad for your teeth and gums. You cannot shun the wine and not eat chocolate ever again in your life but you should keep them under check. Drink wine in moderation, avoid tobacco or restrict it as much as possible and ditch the sugary snacks. Don’t eat anything that has a tendency to stick to your teeth and gums, from chewy stuff to caramel.
- Whenever you wash your face or hands, wash your mouth as well. You don’t need some toothpaste or your sonic toothbrush and floss. You can simply take some water, rinse your mouth and that would get rid of foul smell and remove whatever stains you had accumulated through the hours after brushing.
- Do not use products that you are unsure of. Don’t buy toothbrushes with hard bristles, don’t buy any toothpaste that is harsh on the enamel in an attempt to remove plaque and don’t invest in tooth whitening or any dental product unless you know for sure that there isn’t any side effect.
- Learn about new dental technology to improve your smile.